“To state the facts frankly is not to despair the future nor indict the past. The prudent heir takes careful inventory of his legacies and gives a faithful accounting to those whom he owes an obligation of trust.” - John F. Kennedy
In this episode: Oliver North, 2A Rally and more!
Recorded October 6th, 2019 Save the Second talks about current NRA news, Ron's Deposition, the Grassroots Activism and more!
Recorded on Sunday, September 15th, 2019, in this episode we discuss the NRA Board Meeting that we attended on Saturday, September 14th.
- The personal loans Marion Hammer took out on her nonprofit, Unified Sportsmen of Florida, are drawing national attention
- (via Bulldog, CNN, and TampaBay)
- “The most recent loan in 2017, for $200,000, was given to Hammer – who earns $110,000-a-year as the group’s executive director – so she could “refinance and purchase” real estate, according to Unified Sportsmen’s regulatory filings.
Florida Statute 617.0833 prohibits not-for-profit corporations like Unified Sportsmen from loaning money to their directors or officers. “A loan made in violation of this section is a violation of the duty to the corporation of the directors or officers authorizing it or participating in it,” the law says. The loans of charitable assets were approved by the group’s board of directors.”
- DISSIDENT DONOR SLAMS NRA & MARION HAMMER WITH BYLAW CITATIONS RELATED TO POSSIBLE CORRUPTION ISSUES - Savethe2a.org
- NRA Bylaws Article 5 Section 5 (A)
- NEW ILA GENERAL COUNSEL BRINGS MORE BAGGAGE AND NO SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE TO THE JOB…
- (via savethe2a and Ammoland)
- 1. Callender has no apparent experience in politics or policy issues, nor does he have any ties to the Firearms Industry.
- 2. Callender comes to the already troubled NRA while he is embroiled in a public legal dispute with his former employer that involves allegations of financial malfeasance and corporate irresponsibility.
- 3. Callender comes from an industry that the Wayne LaPierre and others in the community have frequently attacked over the past decade, specifically from a company that produced “violent video games”.
- Lockton Affinity to Pay $1M for Administering Carry Guard Insurance in New Jersey
- “An investigation by the department found that Kansas-based Lockton Affinity violated various state laws and regulations in administering the Carry Guard insurance program in New Jersey on behalf of the NRA.”
Call to Action
- NRA Board of Directors Meeting
- Who can attend? Article 3 Section 6 (D)
- “All members shall have the privilege to attend and be heard at all official meetings of the members, and shall have the right to attend all meetings of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and standing and special committees of the Association, except during executive sessions thereof.”
- Where is it?
- Hilton IAD 13869 PARK CENTER ROAD, HERNDON, VIRGINIA, 20171, USA
- When is it? 7:30am
- Executive Session - Executive sessions are generally closed discussions of a board of directors that may include invited attendees such as an executive director or certain staff members. These sessions can occur at the end of a board meeting or separate from a board meeting if no formal actions are to be taken.
- Entering Executive session requires a motion and a majority vote
- Committee Meetings - Article 11 Section one, Standing Committees - 37 standing committees.
- Legal Affairs was to meet on Tues at 4:00pm in ANC
- Finance Committee was to meet on Thursday at 9:00am
- Directors removed from committee assignments (Duane Liptak and more)
- Who can attend? Article 3 Section 6 (D)
Episode 2 - With Ron Carter, Anthony Garcia, Rob Pincus, Andy Lander and special guest John Richardson
In our second episode we're honored to have special guest John Richardson with us. You can find his blog here: http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/ and be sure to check him out the Polite Society Podcast!
- Opinion John Boch - “Wayne LaPierre Purges Outside Counsel Handling Three Key Illinois Gun Rights Cases” TheTruthAboutGunsdotcom. (Tuesday, 27th)
- NRA BoD Meeting in Anchorage cancelled/rescheduled to Virginia on the 14th. Jeff Knox’s article on ammoland. (Tuesday, Aug 27th)
- Judge snubs Brewer “Ackerman’s lawyers said the firm doesn’t want Bill Brewer, the head of the NRA’s outside law firm Brewer Attorneys and Counselors, to see its highly confidential material. They argued that Brewer was competing with Ackerman to steal the NRA’s public relations work, and that he might misuse the sensitive information.” (Wednesday, Aug 28th)
- “The NRA Used Funds to Settle a Sexual Harassment Claim Against a Top Official — And Then He Was Accused Again” - Sexual harassment NRA Chief of Staff Josh Powell, Mike Spies. (Wednesday, Aug 30th)
- Anthony - Marion Hammer running policy at ILA? (Thursday, Aug 29th)
- Another suit NRA v AckMc. & CNN. (Friday, Aug 30th)
Contact your NRA Board of Directors here: http://www.savethe2a.org/nra-member-engagement-contacting-your-nra-bod/
In this episode we discuss Richard Childress and Craig Morgan's resignations from the NRA Board of Directors, Oliver North's deposition, Wayne LaPierre, Carolyn Meadows and more.